Amazon In-App Purchasing allows customers to buy digital content from within your apps and games using their Amazon accounts. Customers can purchase virtual currency, characters, expansion packs, subscriptions, and more. This service is available for PC, Mac, Web, Android and Kindle Fire games.
Through our retail business, we have spent many years building tools to help customers find, discover, and buy products. We've refined our purchasing experience to make it as convenient and secure as possible. With Amazon In-App Purchasing, we bring this expertise and functionality to your apps and games.
The Amazon In-App Purchasing API makes it easy for you to offer digital content —such as virtual currency, expansion packs, upgrades, and more— for purchase within your apps and games.
In-App Purchasing for PC and Web-based games is architected for server to server communication between Amazon and your app server and uses AWS Simple Queue Service and Simple Notification Service to ensure successful order delivery.
In-App Purchasing for Kindle Fire and Android leverages interactions between the mobile client and Amazon purchasing servers. There is an option to allow game server interaction with Amazon servers to verify purchases.
- Increase conversion - Reduce friction and increase monetization by allowing customers to make purchases in your games and apps using their Amazon accounts. Customers can use Amazon gift cards and promotional credits they have on file.
- Reach new customers - A transaction using Amazon In-App purchasing is an order just like any other on Amazon. For PC, Mac and Web based apps, our recommendation, personalization and best sellers widgets raise your product's visibility to potential new customers and upsell existing customers.
- Amazon marketing engine - We have spent years developing our recommendation algorithms based on Amazon browsing and shopping history. For PC Mac and Web based apps, when you sell on Amazon, we can surface your games and apps to customers who might be interested in them.
- Authentication and fraud detection - In-App Purchasing allows you to leverage Amazon's robust authentication and fraud detection systems so you can spend more time building your app and game and less time worrying about fraud. Each transaction is an Amazon purchase and therefore goes through our fraud detection technologies.
- Scalable services - Our services grow as fast as you can. Simple, stable and scalable.
- Customer service - Customers can contact Amazon customer service for any order related issues.
For In-App Purchasing for PC, Mac and Web-based games, please contact us to discuss revenue share.
For In-App Purchasing on Kindle Fire or through the Amazon Appstore for Android, developers earn 70 percent of list price on each paid app as well as on each in-app purchase. To distribute apps through the Mobile App Distribution Program, there is no cost for registration.
PC, Mac and Web
Contact us at email@example.com